The Gold Shield Foundation was founded to:
- Provide immediate financial assistance and insure a college education or vocational training for the spouse and dependent children of Florida law enforcement officers and firefighters of Hillsborough, Pinellas, Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Polk and Marion Counties killed in the line of duty.
- Financial assistance in the form of $5,000 is immediately provided to the slain hero’s family to assist in the their time of need.
- Financial educational assistance is in the form of a scholarship to cover tuition, books and fees, as well as room and board (at State Of Florida University rates).
- The Foundation’s policies are set by a Board Of Directors whose members represent broad community interests with diversified business and professional backgrounds.
- The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization supported by an annual dues of $100, as well as contributions from concerned citizens and companies. The Foundation’s Federal Tax Exempt ID# is 59-2236362.
GEORGE M. STEINBRENNER
July 4, 1930 – July 13, 2010